One of the better art festivals in area is Art in the Park in Boulder City. It also one of the largest juried art festivals in the Southwest. I haven’t been in close to 7 years, and not only did I make the arduous journey, I brought my husband and my chocolate lab Jedi. I assumed I would get complaints from both during the day but it turned out to be nice weather, good eats and a happy adventure for everyone.
This year it was way more organized than years past, with parking at the old airport and a shuttle to take you over to the park. They have a “Fine Arts” section that separates the sculpture and more established artisans from the more craftsy booths.
- Fine jewelry made from antique watches.
- Crazy bird marionettes that I remember from childhood.
- Newsprint collage art.
- Painter who uses old window panes as his canvas.
- Fresh lemonade.
- Roasted corn on the cob.
- Fancy Jerky.
- Full-scale metal Cacti, of which I really want a giant Agave for my front yard.
- Lots of old guys with wizard level walking sticks – new fashion trend?
- Ceramics of all sorts from bright bold glazes to subtle hand-stamped Asian-influenced.
There were a lot of cool things to see and I definitely recommend checking it out next time around. Jedi was pretty much a super star, getting us stopped every 5ft to be gushed at and fawned over.
I just LOVE “Jedi” and would dog-sit for you guys, anytime!
We might take you up on that! He hearts you too I can see 🙂